Wednesday, March 21, 2012

New hobby!


Gift box - gift tag

Paper quilling - my new hobby, is an art where strips of paper are coiled and then shaped to decorate various articles like frames, greetings etc. I was first fascinated by this craft when my friend Shalmali started making beautiful cards. It was way back in 2005 I guess.

Balloons - gift tag
 I recently saw a beginners quilling kit at Hobby Ideas (a store which opened in Mumbai) and bought one (www.shilpi.com). Below are some of the initial projects shown in the kit. On the left and below are gift tags.

Flowers in a pot
Aperture card
Since Valentine's day was approaching, I made one with a romantic message :)


And the one below was made for my friend, for her valentine. This one is inspired by  http://increations.blogspot.in/2010/05/quilled-heart-greeting-card.html.




4 comments:

  1. Nice work Monica! I loved the last one. Very colorful and creative. Paper quilling is such a beautiful art. I got inspired by Shalmali's blog and made some cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey moni...awesome work....

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome stuff Mons .... u and shalu are going to be pioneers in quilling craft ... great going ....

    ReplyDelete